Here are some ideas of what this year's weddings will be like! Get ready for lots of good food and creative styles...
Zola, a phenomenal wedding registry, gave us fabulous insight on this year's wedding trends. Some of Zola's tools include wedding websites, a guest list manager, a customizable checklist, and a dream wedding registry.
- Get those dresses and suits/tuxes ready!54% of 2018 weddings will be cocktail attire, and another 20% will be black tie optional.
- One of the biggest bridesmaids trends this year is coordinating but not matching. We love to see different styles of dresses in the same color or a similar color palate in the same dress! 53% of brides are following this trend!
- Brides- It's all about the dress...70% of brides spent under $100 on their wedding day shoes.
- Get ready for your mouth to water...
- Custom cocktails (38%)
- This year, food local to the area is a popular favorite. (34%) Ex: Philly cheesesteak, Maine lobster
- Late night bites (32%) Food trucks! Have a food truck come for a late night snack after the reception.
- Cake... don't worry, 77% of couples will have a wedding cake
- A trendy style for cakes is the "naked" look in which the cake is nearly frosting free (24%)
- 50% of couples will get married where they currently live
- Want to hear something wild? A couple said they're "literally getting married in a cave"
- Popular venues include: Historic home/mansion, rustic barn, lush garden, banquet hall, beach
- Top 5 most popular décor trends:
- Gold/rose gold
- flowers or greenery hanging from the ceiling
- full floral or greenery wall
WORST THING TO DO AT A WEDDING: make your own announcement- proposal or pregnancy. Don't ruin the bride's day.
Thanks again, Zola for giving us a wealth of information about trends, details, and helpful stats.